Friday, July 19, 2013

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars! Doesn't that sound delicious? I wanted to make a kid-friendly snack (assuming that the kids were not allergic to peanuts) and so I googled "peanut butter and jelly bars."  I used this recipe as my base and went with it. I did not have buttery crackers, so I just added a bit more more butter and flour.  

Pat half the peanut butter cookie dough mixture on the bottom of a pan.  Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
Add a layer of grape jelly (I used Welch's Concord Grape Jelly).
Drop clumps of peanut butter cookie dough on top of the grape jelly.  Bake at 325F for 20 minutes.

I bit too soggy for my taste, but the sogginess was expected since the jelly has a lot of moisture and was heated in the oven when I baked the second layer of peanut butter cookie crumble. I'm not sure if I would make this again. If I did, I would aim to make a crunchy bar.

No comments: